howto restart stubbing on failed OnePass backups ?

Last post 11-12-2018, 12:56 PM by surosa. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • howto restart stubbing on failed OnePass backups ?
    Posted: 06-14-2018, 12:49 PM

Hi Guys,

I've got an Archive Job (NetApp - CiFS ShareArchiver), that failed during stubbing phase.

Is there an option to restart stubbing without restarting the archive job.
    Data that has been archived counts for some 2TB currently, and I'd like to avoid a dublicate backup of those files.

There have been Problems with Attributes of one of the files archived.
    I restored that file w/o ACLs and hopefully are able to overcome this barrier.

best regards
    Klaus

• Re: howto restart stubbing on failed OnePass backups ?
    Posted: 06-18-2018, 8:01 AM

Hello Klaus,

Unforuantely you are not able to restart the job in the stubbing phase, but I am pretty sure you can run a new incremental backup, which only backup incremental change, but should still stub all files flagged via the clean up rules.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Allister

• Re: howto restart stubbing on failed OnePass backups ?
    Posted: 11-12-2018, 12:56 PM

Is the data deduplicated? If the data is deduplicated, technically only the new modified data will be protected. 

Thank you

Santiago Urosa

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy