Commvault Customer User Groups

Last post 09-14-2018, 1:33 PM by pereirath. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commvault Customer User Groups
    Posted: 06-18-2018, 2:27 PM

Hi!  

I'm a TSM/Spectrum Protect expert going back over 20 years.   I am in the midst of transitioning our company over to Commvault.   

Commvault is incredible software, but the documentation is very weak.  Whatever their other weaknesses might be, IBM has the best product documentation in the field.   By contrast, the information at documentation.commvault.com is more like an application API reference than an operational administrator's guide. 

I know a new CEO is likely to be hired soon.    Perhaps this is a good time to roll out Commvault Customer User Groups and a fully functional Commvault User Online Community, where Commvault users can provide fleshed out examples of deploying the hundreds of various product features.   Blog and video formats would be appropriate here, I think.  

As an example, we recently setup backups of Hadoop clusters at my company.   This makes us one of the few companies in the WORLD protecting Hadoop in this manner.   Would people find a walk-through of that kind of setup useful?   How about Commvault Edge?   When you look at Druva or Code 42 they have elegant video examples, and deep documentation repositories available to everyday users.   Couldn't some customers give Commvault Edge similar treatment?   

Thanks!

• Re: Commvault Customer User Groups
    Posted: 09-14-2018, 1:33 PM

It doesnt seem like lot of people inside CV look at forums but I agree with you, documentation and resources could be better.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy