IntelliSnap - Table or Datafile Recover Point-in-time Question

Last post 08-09-2018, 12:37 PM by Sunil Telagamsetti. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • IntelliSnap - Table or Datafile Recover Point-in-time Question
    Posted: 06-20-2018, 5:49 PM

Hello everyone,

Consider the following in an IntelliSnap environment with Oracle RAC:

1 - Full backup (data+logs+deleting logs after)

2 - DBA delete entries in a table

3 - Another full backup (data+logs+deleting logs after)

How can I recover the table to the point in time just before the DBA deletion of entries?

I do not want to restore and recover the whole DB.

I do not want to restore and recover the table.

I would like to do it just using archive logs. Is it possible?

Kind regards,

Pedro Rocha

• Re: IntelliSnap - Table or Datafile Recover Point-in-time Question
    Posted: 08-09-2018, 11:28 AM

Hello all,

I still do not know the answer for my question. But I was able to do a PITR.

There must be a set of full backups and log backups before the point of the failure. Where restoring, let CVLT IntelliSnap chose the full backup. Make sure to restore the correct control file so the archive logs are correctly chosen to be applied.

Regards,

Pedro Rocha.

• Re: IntelliSnap - Table or Datafile Recover Point-in-time Question
    Posted: 08-09-2018, 12:37 PM

Hi Pedro,

We cannot roll back the state of a table just by applying the archive logs without doing restore or recover.

However, from the Intellisnap backup, we can create a clone of the Database to the point-in-time before the delete records happened. After that, you can export and import the table from cloned DB to the production DB.

Thanks,

Sunil-

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy