Kill Pending jobs in a workflow

Last post 07-26-2018, 12:27 PM by bstibal. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Kill Pending jobs in a workflow
    Posted: 06-26-2018, 12:06 PM

Hello,

I am trying to create a workflow that will kill any pending jobs that have had that status for over XX amount of time and then send an e-mail with the servers and/or job ID that it has killed. I have started writing a sql query that will go through the status. My question is, is  a SQL query the best way or are there any built in Workflow activities. 

Thanks for any and all help

• Re: Kill Pending jobs in a workflow
    Posted: 06-27-2018, 1:21 AM
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no predefined worklow that will kill any pending jobs that have had that status for over XX amount of time and then send an e-mail with the servers and/or job ID that it has killed.

Find the list of availble predefined workflow as below:
    Reference:
    Predefined Workflows
    http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=49776.htm

The solution is to write custom SQL queries and integrate it into a workflow which will enable you to achieve the desired objective in Commvault.

Alternatively, Commvault has a dedicated team which is the Personalization Requests team which can assist you write qrite custom scripts, codes and workflow to achieve your sepcific objective or goals.

Reference:
    Personalization team 
    http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=40854.htm

Note*- Using the Personalization team services incurs billing. Please reach out to your Account Manager for Billing related quotes.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Ola.
    Posted: 06-27-2018, 2:29 PM

You could use a query to list all Pending jobs but it might be easier to use the built in options. In Control Panel -> Data -> Job Management – Job Restarts there is an option “Kill Running Job when Total Running Time Expires” if you enable the option “Enable Total Running Time”. You could then create an Alert for Job Management -> Data Protection to email when the Jobs Fail.

Posted: 06-28-2018, 4:19 AM

Hi Bstibal,

Definetly that is a viable option without having to run any SQL queries nor using Workflows.

Regards

Ola.

Posted: 07-02-2018, 11:42 AM

Thanks for your reply. I will give this a shot. I beleive this has to be done per server/computer/backup object. There is not a place that you can set this setting to cover all objects under your commserve envrionment?

Thanks again. 

Posted: 07-02-2018, 11:47 AM

Nevermind, please disregard my last post. I see the setting in the control panel that was mentioned in this thread. 

Thanks. 

Posted: 07-26-2018, 2:28 AM

Hello,

I would like to kill all Pending jobs only for Laptop Backups. The option in Control Panel -> JobManagement would kill all jobs, also backups from fileservers. So I would like to build a workflow, with an SQL query which lists the jobs running in pending state? Do you have an example for such a query? 

Thank you!!!!

Posted: 07-26-2018, 12:27 PM

Select * from [dbo].[CommCellJobController] where status = 'Pending'

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy