Custom report to show data at each site storage

Last post 07-11-2018, 2:17 AM by Ola Lawal. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Custom report to show data at each site storage
    Posted: 07-10-2018, 1:09 PM

So we have two sites each with the same exact amount of storage (disk library) and have aux copy running both ways. I am trying to figure out why there is such a big dispair between the amount of free capacity at each site.

Site one currently shows 30TB free space and the other 16TB. 

Is there a report I can run to show better details about what is at each site?

I have several SQL jobs and I am trying to avoid displaying details for each job because it runs every 15 minutes so I would like something with a summary by each client or agent type, if that is possible.

• Re: Custom report to show data at each site storage
    Posted: 07-11-2018, 2:17 AM

Hi,

1.) Could you confirm if you are using Deduplication on the Storage Policy copies?

2.) Could you confirm if both Primary and secondary copies have the same Retention settings(Basic days and basic cycles)?

3.) Could you confirm if the Secondary copy is a Selective copy or Synchronous copy?

4.) You could run the Job summary report to show you what is being backup at each site or Disk Library.  

Select the Storage Policies writing to the Libraries under the "Storage Policies" tab when running the Report.

Reference: http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=39482.htm

Thanks 

Ola.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy