Trying to understand better some of the column names in the Continuous Data Replication Monitor:
1. What is the difference between State and Progress? How can there be a destination log lag, and it's replicating and yet say 'in sync'?
2. "Data to be Transfered on Source" and "Data to be Transfered on Destination" always seem to be N/A. Yet there is a lag on files to transfer and I can see the folder/file count and sizes are not the same on some syncs. Are these useless columns I can hide?
3. I can't find any column name that seems to match up with the "Active" dot colors of orange/yellow vs green. Also I see one yellow triangle with a red exclamation. Tried opening up the set and going to the Attempts tab to try and match it but can't figure it out.
4. Speaking of which. Is it a bad sign if in the pair activity popup > Attempts tab, it shows end times that are several weeks old? Do I need to look in here periodically?
5. when you look at actions after right clicking a client's CDR pair in the commcell browser I see 'change state' and 'resume data transfer'. Two of our pairs were in a failed state for some reason. If I go to the 'change state' I can set them to start, but is do I do 'resume data transfer' too? or is that only if I had done 'suspend data transfer' prior?
6. I just took over this environment a couple weeks ago and I seem to recall the last admin who isn't here mentioning having to restart the CDR service on the source machines from time to time. How do I know when I need to do this?
7. Lastly, whatever the event/state is that a replication pair is broken and I need to restart the service, is there a way to get an alert or see something in a daily report that shows me this needs to be done?