Haven't had a chance to play with this earlier, but I'm still running into problems. I'd really like to be 'https everywhere' but I can't seem to get the cert to work for the IIS instance. (I do have it working for the tomcat side though!)
I couldn't actually modify the existing IIS binding to HTTPS, so I added another one as port 8443 with the new certificate (or do I have to delete the existing binding and put in a new https binding for port 81?)
I went in an added an "additional setting" for the the web server (it's all on the one VM)
In the adminConsole.log it was originaly reporting:
3 10/29 15:48:57 DEBUG LogbackConfigBase:log:81 - WebConsole\baseUrl==[http://<webserver>:81/SearchSvc/CVWebService.svc/] <from registry cache batch-load>
and after the setting it's now reporting:
3 10/29 16:31:47 DEBUG LogbackConfigBase:log:81 - WebConsole\baseUrl==
[https://<webserver>:8443/SearchSvc/CVWebService.svc/] <from registry cache batch-load>
and restarted all CV services, but the api interface is still reporting
Server Error in '/SearchSvc' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested URL: /SearchSvc/CVWebService.svc