Modifing a storage policy

Last post 01-18-2011, 8:40 AM by jdownes. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Modifing a storage policy
    Posted: 01-12-2011, 10:33 AM

I am trying to reduce the number of days using the Basic Retention Rule for All Backups.  When I modify any policy, I get the error "Failed to update copy".

I havent found anything in the KB.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

-Chris

• Re: Modifing a storage policy
    Posted: 01-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Chris,

What version and Service Pack are you using?  Can you provide a screenshot of the error and would it be possible to reboot the CommServe?

Please let us know.

JW

Posted: 01-12-2011, 12:34 PM

Chris,

I forgot to ask you earlier.  What account are you logging into the CommCell Console with?  Would it be possible that the account has limited permissions?

JW

Posted: 01-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Im using an admin account with Master access.  I have rebooted the commcell.  Didnt see anything in the cv logs.  This impacts multiple storage policies and multiple master accounts have this issue.

I have added 2 screen shots.

Thanks

-Chris

Posted: 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM

Chris,

Can you re-send the screenshots?

JW

Posted: 01-13-2011, 11:52 AM

Posting the two image attachments.

Posted: 01-18-2011, 8:40 AM

Still can't see any attached screenshots?

The error indicates a problem with updating the underlying SQL database on the CommServe.  It is usually caused by one of two things:

1.  Unpatched CommCell JAVA GUI (or incorrect/old version of JRE)

2.  References to an old Library/MediaAgent in the policy

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy