Automated Check for Sufficient Scratch Tapes

Last post 09-06-2018, 2:31 PM by NeMMy. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Automated Check for Sufficient Scratch Tapes
    Posted: 09-03-2018, 5:48 AM

Hello

We would like to develop a check for sufficient scratch tapes in the libriary either using REST API or commandline.

The Current operators are saying they basically want to check that the tapes in the libriary are in the Scratch pool and that they have no "Retain Data Until" information. This way the Operators are confident that there are enough scratch tapes in the libriary.

Currently the only place I can see this is on the Tape Summary call on the REST API's but it shows all the scratch tapes even the ones offsite. Where I want know the scratch tapes in the actual libriary. Is there a command or nother API I can run to check this?

Or is the only way looking in the GUI.

• Re: Automated Check for Sufficient Scratch Tapes
    Posted: 09-06-2018, 11:07 AM

Hi

one option can be using qlist media and run it for each individual scratch pool 
    Qlist media -l "<LibraryName>" -srp "<ScratchPoolName >" | Select-String -Pattern " slot [0-9]" | Measure-Object -Line

in the GUI go to "Storage Resources" -> "Libraries" -> "YourLibrary" -> "Media By Groups" and switch to the "Summary" view
    There you can find the amount of "Spare Media inside Library" (not separated per Scratch Pool)

and the easiest way to monitor is using alerts based on the Low Watermark of your "Spare Groups"

have fun
    Klaus

• Re: Automated Check for Sufficient Scratch Tapes
    Posted: 09-06-2018, 2:31 PM

Thanks Klaus

Exactly what I'm looking for.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy