Delete/remove/age one server from vmware subclient already backedup.

Last post 09-13-2018, 5:18 AM by ApK1. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Delete/remove/age one server from vmware subclient already backedup.
    Posted: 09-10-2018, 10:22 AM

Hi all.

Is it possible to delete or remove one vmware server from a subclient containing multiple vmware servers from the data already backed up?

I have a server which no longer exists in our vmware environment and I want to remove it from the backed up data. The server was backed up with a 5years extended backup policy. I do not want to delete the subclient, as all other servers will be removed, just this one server we do not want to use backup space on.

Backup data are not on tape but in a disklib.

Thanks

-Anders

• Re: Delete/remove/age one server from vmware subclient already backedup.
    Posted: 09-10-2018, 10:28 AM

It is not possible to remove just one VM from the backed up data.

Posted: 09-11-2018, 3:50 AM

If I go to "Home->Control Panel->Client Computer Filter" and tick "Show Virtual Machines" I get all the virtual machines under the view "Client Computers"

Here I can find the Vmware servers I want to delete (grayed out) and if I right click and chose delete I get a prompted as expected "This operation will permanently delete all data associated with this level and any backup data will not be able to be restored" and after that I get the "to confirm this action, type "erase and reuse media" below"

Can I expect that the data will be deleted or does this not change anything?

Thanks

-Anders

Posted: 09-11-2018, 10:18 AM

Hi,

With the new VSA implementation, it is possible to delete individual VM's data and delete the VM client as well. Can you please set up a call with the customer to discuss and enable this in their environment?

Thanks,

Gayathri

Posted: 09-11-2018, 10:22 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 09-21-2018, 4:49 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,410

Please open a support ticket for review. You can reference this thread if you open thorugh the Maintenance Advantage. 

Posted: 09-12-2018, 3:36 PM

Hi,

Please let dev know the ticket # when we have one opened for this. 

Thanks,

Gayathri

Posted: 09-13-2018, 5:18 AM

Hi Liam and Gayathri.

Thanks for your replys.

I have created a case with the following incident: INCIDENT # 180913-144

Regards

-Anders

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy