couldn’t browse the file level content in Linux VM clients

Last post 10-22-2018, 7:32 AM by Hussain. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • couldn’t browse the file level content in Linux VM clients
    Posted: 12-29-2017, 6:16 AM

Hi All,

I have installed the FREL (File Recovery Enabler for Linux) to enable granular recovery for Linux based VM backup. I configured everything as described in CV document. But Still, I couldn’t browse the file level content in Linux VM clients.

Any Idea about this issue?

Adhav S

• Re: couldn’t browse the file level content in Linux VM clients
    Posted: 12-29-2017, 11:04 AM

Hi Adhav,

Did you downloaded ova and deployed FREL.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/vs_vmware/t_vmw_frel_ova_deploy.htm

OR

coverted linux MA to FREL.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/vsa/t_vsa_frel_convert_ma.htm

which procedure you used. Did you selected FREL at instance level prior to linux vm live file browse? what is virtualization platform you are use VMware or Hyper-V? which version, SP level your setup is?

what is the error you are seeing browse window?, in Browse.log, CVD.log for that case.

Regards

Gopinath

Posted: 01-02-2018, 5:06 AM

Hi Gopi,

I have installed a new FREL with CommVault provided by OVA and assigned it in instance level. Previously VM backup running without FREL and I configured and have been waited for a week to complete the weekly full. But couldn't browse.

While browsing I am getting the error message as shown below and I don't have any which log I want to check for browse failure?

In my environment running CV 11 SP9 to take a backup of VMware Esxi 5.5 and 6.X 

ADHAV

Posted: 01-02-2018, 10:14 AM

Hi Adhav,

What is the linux OS and file system on that VM, that you are trying to browse here?

you have to check/share Browse.log, CVD.log from VSA proxy+MA machine that used for browse. Also share FBR.log on FREL machine to check this further.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/vs_vmware/c_vmw_restore_live_file_recovery.htm

The following file systems are supported when using a File Recovery Enabler for Linux:

• ext2
    • ext3
    • ext4
    • XFS
    • JFS
    • HFS
    • HFS Plus
    • Btrfs

Notes: 

• Live browse and file recovery operations are not supported for XFS realtime subvolumes.
    • With Service Pack 8 or later, live browse and recovery is supported for subvolumes of Btrfs file systems.

Regards

Gopinath 

Posted: 01-09-2018, 6:39 AM

Hi Gopi,

We have checked and couldn't find the solution. So I raised the ticket with CV.

Meantime I uploaded the FBR log for your ref.

Adhav

Attachment: FREL_log.zip
    Posted: 10-15-2018, 6:26 AM

was there a solution provided to this error, we are facing the same issue 

Hussain

Posted: 10-15-2018, 10:03 AM

Hi,

The issue resolved after rebuilt the machine with newly downloaded OVA template.

Adhav

Posted: 10-15-2018, 10:11 AM

Hi Hussain,

Please check FBR.log on FREL machine, Browse.log, CVD.log from VSA proxy+MA machine that used for browse. 

Also check if that linux VM file system type is supported as BOL:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/vs_vmware/c_vmw_restore_live_file_recovery.htm

If supported and still have issue please rise as TR with logs from CS, VSA+MA, FREL along with version details.

Regards

Gopinath

Posted: 10-22-2018, 7:32 AM

issue resolved....thanks 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy