Linux client registers incorrect hostname

Last post 11-08-2018, 3:22 PM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Linux client registers incorrect hostname
    Posted: 11-07-2018, 3:51 PM

Well, it picks it up the way it should, just not "right" for the communication to succeed....

We planned on using a custom created nix pkg to do silent installs on a pile of new clients which have to talk through a proxy. What we discovered is all these machines have multiple interfaces but the interface (and subsequent FQDN of the client) we need to use to talk to the proxy is not the same as what the "dnsdomainname" returns on the client, so obviously when it registers with the CS it does so with the wrong host name. Only if I manually edit the .properties file for that machine can I get it all happy. Was wondering, although I suspect the answer already is "no", if there is any way to have all these clients register with a specific domain name as part of the silent install? 

For example: installer runs, determines sHOSTNAME is mybox.this.net when in reality it has to be mybox.that.net for it to all work.

thanks

• Re: Linux client registers incorrect hostname
    Posted: 11-08-2018, 3:22 PM

Hi Seabird 

I would suspect that there might be a potential way to direct the installer to use a specific domain, by adding a additional setting. 

However to look at the feasibility of doing so I would recommend opening a support Ticket, as this could also be a potential modification that could help other users with similar situations 

Thank you 

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy