Archive Index Failing

Last post 01-18-2011, 5:21 PM by JWeir. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Archive Index Failing
    Posted: 01-18-2011, 12:50 PM

We are currently running version 8 sp5

I migrated our Commserv from a physical Server 2008 server to a virtual Server 2008 R2 server using the same name and ip address.

We keep a shared cache of the indexes on a share on the Commserv.

Since the migration, all my backups fail at 90% when it is writing to the shared index cache.

I've verified that the account that we use on the index cache has the correct rights to read/write on the share.

The job fails with ->

Error Code: [6:43]
    Description: Backup Failed: Failure due to a backup failure and the current setting of fail on any backup failure. Check the following: 1. The account this product uses has sufficient privileges to back up files. 2. The data being backed up can be accessed and was not on a path that is unmounted or is inaccessible. 3. A third-party product is not locking the files. 4. There is no corruption of the data on the disk. 5. If some failures are expected, please change the current setting so the backups can complete.

I looked up the error code, but the KB article only relates to Vista.  Couldn't install it on the commserv anyway.

I opened a ticket with support (110118-000029) who found this in the logs ->

5572 11bc 01/18 07:55:10 111833 ::ReadAndSendFileData() - Error 50 on BackupRead(\\cv-cs01\IndexCache\CV_Index\2\305\1295355024\afile.dat, 20, 0x2df7b8
    5572 11bc 01/18 07:55:10 111833 ClBackupFile::HandleBackupReadError(1111): -Debug-: [\\cv-cs01\IndexCache\CV_Index\2\305\1295355024\afile.dat] Error [50] during BackupRead. Err:[50] The request is not supported

We haven't started a remote session as yet, but so far they don't seem to have a clue as to how to fix the issue.

Has anyone come across anything similar to this issue??

Thanks

• Re: Archive Index Failing
    Posted: 01-18-2011, 3:06 PM

Good afternoon,

This error can sometimes be corrected with the Microsoft KB article link below. Please let us know your results. Thank you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973278

JW

Posted: 01-18-2011, 4:25 PM

Yes, that hotfix cleared the issue.

So if anyone is reading this, install the hotfix on the server 2008 (non r2) media agent.

Posted: 01-18-2011, 5:21 PM

That is great to hear.  Thanks for the update.

JW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy