Backing up Centos 7 Wordpress Server on Nutanix

Last post 12-03-2018, 3:16 PM by jszutarski. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Backing up Centos 7 Wordpress Server on Nutanix
    Posted: 11-21-2018, 1:12 PM

Has any body been successful at backing a wordpress server running Centos7 on Nutanix AHV.

I am unable to take a snapshot or run the scripts required. I am not even able to find the proper scripts for nutanix. All the references to the scripts are for VMware. I do have both the pre freeze/post thaw as well as quiesce and unqueisce but I am not able to get them to run. I also seem to have to put the shebang on the .py scripts provided by commvault just to get them to start withuout the import error

My wordpress is running mariadb.

Thanks for any help.

• Re: Backing up Centos 7 Wordpress Server on Nutanix
    Posted: 11-22-2018, 11:55 PM

Hi Gary,

Are you using the MySQL/MariaDB agent here or a VM level crash consistent snap?

Sounds like you are doing it from VMWare level but I don't believe we currently have AppAware for MariaDB yet, only Oracle, SQL, Sharepoint, Exchange and AD.

http://docs.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=14243.htm

Can you try installing the MySQL agent to the VM guest and try the backup from there?

Thank you

Posted: 11-23-2018, 12:12 AM

Right now I am doing a crash consistent snaphot. I am unable to get the pre-freeze,post-thaw, quiesce.py and unquiesce.py scripts to run. I cannot get them to work on any of our centos 7 boxes. Some have MySQL and some have Mariadb. Not both on the same box. These are running on AHV.

Spoke to commvault support today and they are unable to help with the scripts. I found the ones for VMware but they do not run. They error out and hang the servers.  I do know that Nutanix needs the pre-freeze and Post-thaw in the /usr/local/sbin not the /usr/sbin. The issue seems to be more related to the quiesce and unquisce.

I can get the quiesce.py script to run if I modify it and change ending line from continue to pass and and rem out else and break. .But it does not actually quiesce the DB. Unquiesce.py just hangs the server. I have also tried stopping the DB before quiesce but no love there either 

Posted: 12-03-2018, 3:16 PM

There's a good chance you probably already went over these:

https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Web-Console-Guide-Prism-v58:wc-application-consistent-pre-freeze-post-thaw-guidelines-r.html

https://portal.nutanix.com/#/page/docs/details?targetId=Web_Console_Guide-Prism_v4_7:man_nutanix_guest_tool_c.html

Were you able to make any headway with your custom scripts?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy