Powershell module

Last post 11-26-2018, 12:01 PM by Ananda V. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Powershell module
    Posted: 11-23-2018, 5:00 AM

I downloaded and ran the install script for powershell module from Commvault. But it seems not stay loaded after a reboot and there are a bunch of messages saying that standard verbs isn't used.

Isn't that module a normal PS module that stays installed? Do I really have to load it each time?

And as a comment, maybe it would be a good idea to prefix the commands with something like CV, for easier destinction to know what module it belongs.

BR

Henke

• Re: Powershell module
    Posted: 11-26-2018, 12:01 PM

HI Henke

THank you for trying our PS module and thank your the feedback. If youre talking about exe, Installer just extract copies the modules to the selected location.

Since \Install-CVModules.ps1 file will import all the modules for that session and it doesnt copy to any windows powershell profiles. so you will not see it loaded after reboot. 

If you want them accessible always, please copy them manually to create profile under system32 folder that lets all users to access it.

For the commandlet name change i will add this roadmap, and change them in future servicepacks.

if you have more questions reachout to me, i will send you my email

-Anand

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy