VM Socket License

Last post 12-04-2018, 1:14 AM by Marcus Rolim. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VM Socket License
    Posted: 12-03-2018, 4:56 PM

    Do I need to purchase VM socket license, even if I only use file agent backups and not VADP. 

    I am unable to find any documentation to this regard. 

    Any insights are appreciated. 

  • Re: VM Socket License
    Posted: 12-04-2018, 1:14 AM

    Hi Ian,

    VM or VM Socket licenses are only required if you use VSA (VADP) agent.

    If you are backing up utilising File System agent, I'm assuming you have either capacity or agent license therefore no other license is required.




The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy