DDB Verification Error

Last post 38 minutes ago by Wwong. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • DDB Verification Error
    Posted: 12-05-2018, 9:53 AM

Hello guys,

I'm getting this error in last couple weeks:

Description: Error occurred while processing chunk [1234567] in media [V_7654321], at the time of error in library [Library_Global] and mount path [[Media Agent] /share/], for storage policy [DDB_GLOBAL] copy [Primary] MediaAgent [Media Agent]: Backup job [1054181]. In-use chunkId requested by data verification job.

I have already checked that chunk in media is available and i get no backups running to that client or Global DDB to get somehow that chunk in use.

Do you anything about this or what can i do to get this solved?

Many thanks for your attention,

Marcos Silva

• Re: DDB Verification Error
    Posted: 12-05-2018, 4:43 PM

Hi Marcos

In relation to the error you are getting " In-use chunkId requested by data verification job", this looks like another Backup/Operation within the environment could be utilizing the same CHUNK, while DV is attempting to verify the data.

As there different mechanism involved in the operations of Data Verification, I would recommend to open a Support Ticket to review the end to end logs of one single Data Verification Job, so they can pinpoint the cause of the error " In-use chunkId requested by data verification job"

Thank you 

Winston

Posted: 12-06-2018, 9:05 AM

Hi Winston,

Maybe i will do that because i have already check that DV complains always the chunks of just 1 client. Already saw at the backend the chunk if someone is using him with fuser and i got no output. On Commvault i got no backups to that client or other stuff to get that chunk in use.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Marcos Silva

Posted: 12-06-2018, 10:37 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 12-10-2018, 10:56 AM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

If doable just make sure all the machine involved, CS and MAs are on the same SP level

Posted: 12-06-2018, 10:41 AM

Hello Ali,

CS and MAs are all in V11 SP13. Otherwise i got a Media Agent which have more Hotfixes pack installed than the CS. Could that be the issue? 

Marcos Silva

Posted: 12-06-2018, 10:45 AM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Yeah, go with what Winston mentioned, log an incident with Support.  Wondering if there's a lock on the file like something 3rd party on that machine, Antivirus or something.

Posted: 12-06-2018, 10:51 AM

Ali,

I would do that because the reference of the chunk is always of the same client at last backup on the backup type Full. If I do DV 2 times with same backup Full he returns me error always the same chunk. If I do one more backup full and if I ran another 2 DV I will get error on one chunk of the last backup but the chunk is equal of this 2 times. 

Marcos

Posted: 12-06-2018, 11:09 AM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Yeah, very strange...

Posted: 12-06-2018, 4:58 PM

Hi Marcos

That does sound very strange

Can we please confirm what type of DV we are running:

• Incremental DV
    • Full DV 
    • Job-based DV
    I would recommend to run a Full DV to confirm the integrity of the DDB store, so we can identify any other potential issues. 

Thank you 

Winston 
    Posted: 12-07-2018, 4:09 AM

Hi Winston,

The type is Incremental DV. I perform now a Full DV like you said to see which is the output. Keep you update when i get something.

Thanks for help.

Marcos

Posted: 12-07-2018, 6:05 PM

Hi Marcos

Thanks for the update

Yes, please keep us posted on the results of the Full DV

Kind Regards

Winston 

Posted: 12-10-2018, 5:09 AM

Hi Winston,

Well the Full DV not run ok. 

Description: Error occurred while processing chunk [10449502] in media [V_1366459], at the time of error in library [Library] and mount path [[MediaAgent] /share/], for storage policy [DDB_GLOBAL] copy [Primary] MediaAgent [MediaAgent]: Backup job [1118990]. MP is inaccessible or read error encountered on one or more stream(s).

Well the Media Agent have access to this chunk and i can see it. I dont know why am i getting this error.

Thank you,

Marcos

Attachment: share.PNG
    Posted: 38 minutes ago

Hi Marcos

By default when we run a Full Data Verification, we use an option called "Lookahead" which will process the records (to read) in batches. 

As a result when doing Full DV, we will need to review the logs to determine the actual CHUNK that is missing and related Mount Path. 

In this scenario I would recommend to open a support Ticket to troubleshoot further.

Thank you 

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy