Simpana 8 WBA Install on Win 7 64bit

Last post 01-20-2011, 10:53 AM by Jared Housley. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Simpana 8 WBA Install on Win 7 64bit
    Posted: 01-19-2011, 2:25 PM

I have a problem with the first 64bit Win 7 machine I have tried installing WBA on.  Once Windows starts, I get an error:

The procedure entry point ?IsResponseReceived@CCompletionBase@@QEBA?B_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library CDRUtils.dll.

This causes the Commvault WBA service to not be able to start.

Has anyone else encountered and solved this problem?

• Re: Simpana 8 WBA Install on Win 7 64bit
    Posted: 01-20-2011, 7:52 AM

Have you tried installing the latest updates on the WBA client ?  Can you let us know which package you used to install here ?

If you can also right click on CDRUtils.dll in the \Base directory and let us know the file version that would be helpful. Likely this issue is because a dependant patch is not installed.

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 01-20-2011, 8:41 AM

I did update the client and that was reflected on the server side job that ran successfully.  I installed using the Commvault 8 setup CD that we got with our purchase last year (the same way I have installed 30 other windows 7 and XP 32bit WBA clients -- choosing to download updates during install and then running the update client command from the server console after install).

CDRutils is 8.0.68.19073

On a side note, I went ahead and downloaded Simpana 9 and installed it on the server last night.  Now I am going to try updating the client and see what that does.

Posted: 01-20-2011, 10:09 AM

Jared Housley:

I did update the client and that was reflected on the server side job that ran successfully.  I installed using the Commvault 8 setup CD that we got with our purchase last year (the same way I have installed 30 other windows 7 and XP 32bit WBA clients -- choosing to download updates during install and then running the update client command from the server console after install).

CDRutils is 8.0.68.19073

On a side note, I went ahead and downloaded Simpana 9 and installed it on the server last night.  Now I am going to try updating the client and see what that does.

Is tech support recommending upgrading current version 8 installations to version 9?  You may have solved one problem, only to get hit with other Version 9 issues. 

Posted: 01-20-2011, 10:53 AM

No, but since it has been out for a while and there is a service pack available, I was planning on upgrading anyway.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy