Automate DIP config

Last post 12-12-2018, 10:39 AM by oalexis. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Automate DIP config
    Posted: 03-01-2018, 5:21 PM

Hi,

New CV install. Uur network is very segmented. Have 20 subnets in each datacenter. Media agents are configured with sub interfaces on each subnet with one being the default.

The idea was to configure DIPs so that backup traffic will not traverse firewall. I have this working on a client level. But need to have this configured on a global level. I was told we could set this on a group level but discovered that was inaccurate. It's a client level setting. We have hundreds of sub clients on various subnets. There's no way we can do this manually.

I am aware of qscript but it's still a manual effort. Need a way to automate this somehow. Either make it part of the install package or something.

How about a workflow?

• Re: Automate DIP config
    Posted: 03-05-2018, 5:25 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Gonna check this out for you and get back in a day or so.  It may be possible to do it via command line XMLs, if not WF is always an option.

Posted: 03-06-2018, 12:52 PM

Hi

You can set DIP between the MA and Client group

See doc here for details - Between a client group and a client.

Please let us know if this solves the issue.

Thanks.

Leo

Posted: 10-25-2018, 4:05 AM

I'm actually after this feature too.

Client has got multiple IP, internet facing IP also used for Hostname resolution, but a dedicate IP is used for Data moving hence a DIP is required between MA and client.  MA also have multiple IPs.

When we try to deploy backup for a group, and I tried to setup single -> client group , it did not do what we need to do.

Hence when we remove the DIP from the MA, it WIPES ALL DIP configure for other clients group on that MA.

That is terible as I found no way of redeploy multiple DIP quickly (I can luckily grab a copy of the old FwConfig.txt with the old rules/DIP) but DIP was wiped in CommServe DB.

Is there a way to setup DIP via scripting (Qscript) where we can specify different IP on each box?  CommCell Configuration management (self build in DR)....... that might be a good feature for CommVault to bring on board.

Posted: 10-25-2018, 4:58 PM

Hi Mario,

Can you please escalate this issue as TR, we need to look at the environment why the entries are being deleted from DB for all other client groups. This issue is not reproducible in house.

We can set DIPS with qcript but lets try to get the details to anaylse the best solution for your enviornment

Snippet for DIPs configuration via qscript

Add, List or Delete Client Data Interface Pairs Using Qscripts

Using Qscripts at the command line, you can:

• Add or delete one data interface pair
    • List or delete all data interface pairs currently defined for one client.
    • List or delete all data interface pairs currently defined for all clients.

For all Qscript operations, change to the software_installation_path/Base directory, then enter the command shown.

Add or Delete One Data Interface Pair

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig.sql -si add|delete -si client_name_1 -si client_interface_1 -si client_name_2 -si client_interface_2

Delete or List all Data Interface Pairs Defined for One Client

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig.sql -si listByClient|deleteByClient -si client_name

Delete or List all Data Interface Pairs Defined for All Clients

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig.sql -si listAll|deleteAll

Thanks,

Sonia

Posted: 12-12-2018, 10:39 AM

this was the trick... thank you!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy