Commvault Network Logs

Last post 12-14-2018, 5:02 PM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commvault Network Logs
    Posted: 12-14-2018, 8:42 AM

Hi all,

Can someone help me with the following two commvault log info?

1. Which commvault log on mediaagent i can open to check the network traffic and speed

2. Which commvault log on mediaagent i can open to check the disk IOPS

Thanks,

• Re: Commvault Network Logs
    Posted: 12-14-2018, 5:02 PM

Hi Farhan

On the MediaAgent, You can review the log, CVD.log -> which will show pipeline speed, for rate on how fast Client writes to MediaAgent. 

For Disk IOPS, this will not be reported in the logs, but in CVD you can also see the physical write speed in mb/s to target storage.

Note - the write speed if at application level, if you want more granular logging, would recommend using the following:

• Resource Monitor for Windows
    • IOstat for Linux 

Hopefully this helps 

Thank you 

Winston

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy