Simple Report to Query every tape barcode that has been through my library?

Last post 12-17-2018, 7:42 AM by Davbeee. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Simple Report to Query every tape barcode that has been through my library?
    Posted: 12-17-2018, 4:19 AM

Hi Simpana 11 SP 12

I ordered some tapes for my IBM tape library, the last few times they have been coming with the barcodes pre-attached (I specify the numbering) this time they have arrived without labels, I do have a few sheets of old labels lying about from the times I used to apply them myself.

I know that having or using duplicate barcodes can cause bother (even if the duplicates are not in the library, for restore etc).

Anyway the question is can I run a report to see what barcodes have ever been used in my library (there is only about 500) most of them off site now, if the barcodes I have, have never been used I can happily put them on the new unbarcoded tapes that have arrived and get going again as at the moment I am out of scratch tapes!

Hope that makes sense

TIA

DAvid

• Re: Simple Report to Query every tape barcode that has been through my library?
    Posted: 12-17-2018, 7:42 AM

Sokay - I got it, it's under storage Information report for anyone needing to know just select all the defaults in the report (group by barcode if that is what you use and you are all set to see every tape that has ever been through your Library/s) and I am all good, the labels I have, have never been used.

Ta

D

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy