Single File Restore from HyperV to MS Cluster Group not possible ?

Last post 01-30-2019, 3:30 AM by johanningk. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Single File Restore from HyperV to MS Cluster Group not possible ?
    Posted: 12-19-2018, 4:13 AM

Hi guys,

I'm running V11SP13.

Backing up the HyperV VMs using VSA. 
    I currently face the issue, that in the Single File Restore dialog, the MS Cluster Group Clients are not selectable as targe client for the restore of single files.

For Clients using in-guest backups, the Cluster Groups can be selected as target.

any hints what went wrong ?

or is there a technical reason not to restore to a cluster group ?
    Should I select the physical node of the cluster instead ?

best regards
    Klaus

• Re: Single File Restore from HyperV to MS Cluster Group not possible ?
    Posted: 12-21-2018, 1:37 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 09-18-2019, 11:53 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,706

You should be able to use a unc path as a restore target. just make sure to add the credentials for the restore. 

Can you send screenshot of what the restore screen looks like? The target machines do have the WinFS iDA installed? 

• Re: Single File Restore from HyperV to MS Cluster Group not possible ?
    Posted: 01-30-2019, 3:30 AM

Hi Aplynx,

UNC paths are not a valid option !

I've to enter access credentials for each and every restore to UNC paths.
    While restore via the physical cluster node, serving the cluster group, is fine.

the UNC access credentials topic is something that I find annoying especially if we are talking of taking CiFS Share backups of huge NAS boxes.
    NDMP is not an option, since I can't do SynFulls.
    Restore requests handeled by a "backup operator group" requires nearly "Domain Admin" account information to be added with every restore.

I was thinking of running the CVD in a user account context on the proxy used for restores.
    But Commvault GUI does not even try to continue w/o user credentials, but requires the input.

hmmm

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy