Downgrade to indexing v1

Last post 12-20-2018, 11:27 AM by Liam. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Downgrade to indexing v1
    Posted: 12-16-2018, 7:31 PM

Hi all,

I have an issue after moving backups of NFS shares to a new client (new backup client and new NFS client).

The new client was built from scratch for the purpose and uses indexing V2.  The old client used indexing v1.

The change resulted in some changes to inbuilt filters and now I cannot backup my .snapshot directory.

Support have told me to upgrade the SP (there is an option to manage snapshot directories) which I cannot do right now, or revert to V1 indexing on the new client.

I am hoping to speed up the process to get a downgrade procedure.  I cannot find anything in docco except how to upgrade, or change MA etc.  

I really need to get my snapshots under backups.

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Thanks

• Re: Downgrade to indexing v1
    Posted: 12-17-2018, 10:16 AM

Steve,

can you escalate the issue with support. If its already escalated and you have the ticket number then please provide it.

Regards,

Prasad.

Posted: 12-17-2018, 10:26 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,707

A new client would have started using v2 indexing as expected. There wouldn't be anything from v1 indexing to revert to. I'd suggest opening a ticket to address the existing indexing issue. 

Posted: 12-17-2018, 12:27 PM

Hi Steve

The change resulted in some changes to inbuilt filters and now I cannot backup my .snapshot directory.

Indexing version should not have an impact on filter paths or not backing up a specific directory. It is better to escalate the issue with logs from CS/MA/Client/Proxy to understand why filter settings were affected. We could help you further once escalation is created.

Posted: 12-20-2018, 11:27 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,707

Do you have a ticket number for this issue? 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy