Backup with new Tape Library - help

Last post 01-09-2019, 9:15 PM by Wwong. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Backup with new Tape Library - help
    Posted: 01-09-2019, 5:41 AM

Hello,

we have installed our new tape library into Commsell (v11 SP13) but if i try to backup something i get this info:

Error Code: [32:406] 

Description: Library [FUJITSU ETERNUS LT S2 10], 

MediaAgent [ntbackup1], 

Drive Pool [DrivePool(ntbackup1)13], 

Media[]: There are not enough drives in the drive pool. 

This could be due to drive limit set on master pool if this failure is for magnetic library. 

Advice: Please check the following: 

1. There are drives with compatible recording format to the media being written. 

2. There are enough available drives in the drive pool for this job. If the issue persists, please contact customer support. 

Source: commserve, Process: JobManager 

Just what can i do that the backup runs succesfully ?

Is there any other settings which i can check?

regards 

chris

• Re: Backup with new Tape Library - help
    Posted: 01-09-2019, 6:12 AM

Hi Chris 

For the Tape Library in question, how many Tape Drives are configured (is this a Physical or Virtual)?

Have a look at the MasterPool, the first option underneath the expanded Tape Library, and check whether the Tape Drives are Online (or in a Stuck State) -> depending on the status, you can right-click and press "reset"

See if the above helps in your situation 

Thank you 

Winston

Posted: 01-09-2019, 7:12 AM

It was an ETERNUS LT 40 with 20 Tapes inside the Lib. It was an physical TaprDrive.

Ohhh, i believe creating an new TapeLib Storeage Pool. ;)

OK, now the backup run. After it will be finished i try to restore my saved datas. 

Posted: 01-09-2019, 8:47 AM

OK, i mean create a new StoragePool like this or was it unnecessary ?

Posted: 01-09-2019, 9:15 PM

Hi Chris

You won't need to create a Storage Pool for the tape Library 

In the screenshot that was provided, can you please check the status of the Tape Drives (not the Tapes itself), by expanding the MasterPool_FUJITSU_ETERNIUS

Please confirm the state of the Tape Drives, and see if there are any reservation conflicts?

Thank you 

Winston

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy