VMs licensing report

Last post 01-10-2019, 2:35 PM by jszutarski. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VMs licensing report
    Posted: 01-09-2019, 10:15 AM

Hello all,

We have Capacity licence in our commserve. 

I need to know, for VMs how much capacity they are using. The problem here is that for some VMs i have also Agent backups.

When i check the licence usage report i can see the used capacity of VMs that also have a agent in the Application Class Virtual, but Application Class Virtual only counts the following type of agents:

• Active Directory Agent
    • Exchange Database Agent
    • Microsoft SQL Server Agent
    • Oracle Agent
    • SharePoint Agent
    In some cases i also have Filesystem Agents. How can i get the overall capacity and not only for the specified agents?

Regards,

STG

• Re: VMs licensing report
    Posted: 01-10-2019, 2:35 PM

It may be helpful to open a ticket to break down your specific report with an engineer. Once ACV is applied, everything counts towards ACV for that VM - http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=14246.htm

• Application-aware backups consume an Application Class Virtual license for each protected VM. Application-aware backups of virtual machines are counted against the Application Class Virtual license and do not count toward capacity usage or traditional application agent licenses.
    ...but since we are also using FS, this muddles things a bit - meaning it may be best to look it over with Support. Wink
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy