Onepass stubbing not working

Last post 01-17-2019, 8:29 AM by star_roving. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Onepass stubbing not working
    Posted: 01-16-2019, 2:33 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to configure OnePass for a file server. I've followed the documentation (installed the Windows File System Agent and Driver for File Archiver on the server, created a backupset and subclient, which is configured for archiving as per the documentation).

Now the data is backing up but the stubs are not being created on the data that falls within the archive rules(I've only tried it on a test folder so far).

I've attached a screenshot of the archive rules, as that's the only place that I think might be causing some issues. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachment: cv.png
  • Re: Onepass stubbing not working
    Posted: 01-16-2019, 3:04 PM

OnePass has Delayed Stubbing - http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=25850.htm#o25875

For stubbing to occur right away, you'd need to set the nMinDRBackupBeforeStubbing additional setting appropriately.

Posted: 01-17-2019, 6:30 AM

Thanks for the response. I've set both nMinDRBackupBeforeStubbing and nMinDaysBeforeStubbing to 0 at the CommServe level. I've now tried to run another archive job and the stubs are still not there.

Any other ideas?

Posted: 01-17-2019, 8:29 AM

star_roving:

Thanks for the response. I've set both nMinDRBackupBeforeStubbing and nMinDaysBeforeStubbing to 0 at the CommServe level. I've now tried to run another archive job and the stubs are still not there.

Any other ideas?

It turns out you have to have a minimum of 1 day and 1 DR backup - setting both of them to 0 will result in the default settings of 2 & 3 respectively being used.

I should know in the next 24 hours if the stubbing occurs or not.

Posted: 01-17-2019, 8:29 AM

star_roving:

Any other ideas?

It turns out you have to have a minimum of 1 day and 1 DR backup - setting both of them to 0 will result in the default settings of 2 & 3 respectively being used.

I should know in the next 24 hours if the stubbing occurs or not.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy