upgrade from v7 to v9 SP1

Last post 01-23-2011, 9:37 PM by sssstew. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • upgrade from v7 to v9 SP1
    Posted: 01-20-2011, 8:19 PM

Hi Guys

I unable to locate documentaion on upgrade from v7 to V9 SP1. can someone please point me in to the right direction? also in my maintenance advantage login I cannot seem to see option to download V9 software only uptill V8. Mu support agreement is still valid till feb this year?

thanks

Ajay

• Re: upgrade from v7 to v9 SP1
    Posted: 01-21-2011, 2:46 AM

This link contains upgrade info for both 7.0->9.0 and 8.0->9.0

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_9_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/deployment/common_upgrade/imp_considerations.htm

In terms of the ISO download, I'm not sure of the process.  Can someone in support please advise?  I've had other customers ask the same question.  The "software version" option in MA only goes to 8.0.

Posted: 01-21-2011, 12:52 PM

Please try changing your "selected version" at the top right of the MA window.... (see screenshot below).  Then Click on Download Packages Tab>>> Simpana 9.0 Electronic Software Distribution>>> Download Manager Tab

Thanks,

Craig T.
    Posted: 01-23-2011, 9:37 PM

AjayNabh:

Hi Guys

I unable to locate documentaion on upgrade from v7 to V9 SP1. can someone please point me in to the right direction? also in my maintenance advantage login I cannot seem to see option to download V9 software only uptill V8. Mu support agreement is still valid till feb this year?

thanks

Ajay

Ajay - From personal experience i would recommend waiting until at least SP2 is out before you consider upgrading.  We have had a very large number off issues, both with RTM and SP1 versions.  Hold off if you can, it will save you headaches later on.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy