Customize email notification and shares folder name

Last post 01-31-2019, 6:44 AM by vladan.kojanic. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Customize email notification and shares folder name
    Posted: 01-22-2019, 6:23 AM

Hello all Commvault collegues,

We would like to customize email notification when our users share some files/folders with others. We got system default message, that soem user did share this and that, but we would like to add some more notification messages into that email.

Also, is it possible to translate/customize the folder names: "Shares By Me" and "Shared With You"?

Thanks

• Re: Customize email notification and shares folder name
    Posted: 01-23-2019, 3:18 PM

Hello,

The below additional setting can be used to customize the email message that gets sent out when sharing a file in webconsole. Also, below tokens can be used in the template which will be substituted by Commvault when sending out the email with the appropriate information.

Tokens:

{@MESSAGETITLE}
    {@SHARENAME}
    {@SENDER}
    {@BOTTOMLINE}
    {@PASSWORDINFO}
    {@REGISTER}
    {@PROBLEM}

Additional Setting: 

Name: EMailShareBody4

Category: CommServDB.GxGlobalParam

Type: STRING

Value: Html Template of the email body.

Posted: 01-23-2019, 3:26 PM

"Shares By Me" and "Shared With You" folder names are already translated/localized in Webconsole. Can you share where do you want these to be translated? 

Posted: 01-24-2019, 6:05 AM

Hello,

Do you mean I need to make like New Alert? I did try:

Alert Category  :  Configuration
       Alert Type  :  Edge drive/Share operations
       Alert Criteria  :  Edge drive/Share operations, Send individual notification for this alert
       Subscription Enabled  :  Yes

But that way its not working.

Can you please explain me where, how to get those setting? Where is located those templates?

Posted: 01-24-2019, 6:23 AM

At first we would like to change it in Windows Explorer, when our users enable Windows explorer plugin.

Will be ncie if we can write it in Serbian, to be more "user friendly".

In Webconsole can stay by default in english.

Regards,

Posted: 01-28-2019, 6:00 AM

Where I can find this part?

Into Alert I can not make this!

Posted: 01-30-2019, 3:51 PM

Hello,

The share folder category names in the Windows Explorer plugin are localized as per the locale of the operating system. Please let us know if you are not seeing that behavior.

Posted: 01-30-2019, 4:07 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. We don't need to create an alert to add additional messages to the email that gets sent out upon sharing in webconsole. The existing email message template can be modified and additional messages can be added to it. Please follow the below procedure. Hope it helps.

1. From the Commcell Console, right-click the CommServer -> Properties and open the Additional Settings tab.

2. Create below additional setting. You can type the additional setting name and click the lookup button and the default HTML template of the email gets loaded automatically in "value" field. You can then copy the existing template from the value field and use an HTML editor to modify the template to add any additional messages to it. Please do not remove tokens like $MESSAGE_TITLE and $MESSAGE_CONTENT. Once the modified HTML is ready, copy it to the value field and then save it. The next email message automatically uses the new template.

For details on this additional setting see below doc link.

http://documentation.commvault.com/additionalsetting/details?name=WebserverEmailMessageTemplate&id=6906

Name WebserverEmailMessageTemplate
    Category CommServDB.GxGlobalParam
    Type String
    Value Modified HTML template
    Posted: 01-31-2019, 6:44 AM

Hello,

Thank you very much for this help. I figured how we can customize this. Will be nice if we even can modify $MESSAGE_TITLE and $MESSAGE_CONTENT! But its OK for now!

Thank you again.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy