Run Incremental Backup On A Single VM If Full Backup Part of Grouped Subclient

Last post 01-24-2019, 7:34 PM by crash. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Run Incremental Backup On A Single VM If Full Backup Part of Grouped Subclient
    Posted: 01-24-2019, 6:05 PM

Hello,

I have a VM Server1 that is backed up quarterly in a subclient containing 20VMs. How would I go about running an incremental on Server1 without running an incremental on all 20VMs. I tried creating a new subclient with just Server1, then running an incremental on the new subclient, but Commvault automatically converts it to a full backup. I have CBT enabled.

Is this even possible, or would I have to run an incremental on the subclient with all 20 VMs.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

• Re: Run Incremental Backup On A Single VM If Full Backup Part of Grouped Subclient
    Posted: 01-24-2019, 6:32 PM

Hi Lance

you have few options depending on which ServicePack level youre on.

If youre on SP14. you can go to command center and navigate to the VM and kick off backup (Backup Now option)

You can use Commvault powershell commandlet Protect-VM -Vmname <name>

or you can use REST API 

-Anand

• Re: Run Incremental Backup On A Single VM If Full Backup Part of Grouped Subclient
    Posted: 01-24-2019, 7:34 PM

Hi Anand,

We have SP13+.  I will look into both options and go from there. Thank you for your response.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy