Future media prediction and tpe recall ...

Last post 02-02-2019, 8:41 PM by SJss. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Future media prediction and tpe recall ...
    Posted: 01-27-2019, 7:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am managing a fairly new environment for a customer, and I need to try and identify probable future tape requirements so they can roughly budget for tape purchases.

Looking around the exisiting reports (CV 11)  I can't really see anything that gives me what I'm looking for, especially considering I have multiple SP's all with extended retention settings.

Does anyone know a good way of identifying what I need?

It would be great if you see future predicted media pools, even if they were based on current sizings, but so far I haven't seen this.

Also would like to know if there are any reports which would get me the list of recall media's, wherein i can consolidate and get them to the site location (tape Recall) 

Any help appreciated, even if its a fairly long winded solution.

Thanks

• Re: Future media prediction and tpe recall ...
    Posted: 01-29-2019, 4:01 PM

Report Suggestion for your budget: Tape Media Growth and Trends

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/135/664/7170

Report\ Process Suggestion for your Recalls Feature Name Vault Tracker

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=10283.htm#o10348

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=10271.htm#o10277

Recall Media

The Recall Media feature allows you to bring media back temporarily from an export location for a specific operation, and then return the media to the export location when the operation is complete. For example, you can export media to another location with the intention of keeping the media at the export location for an defined period of time, but bring the media back from the export location for a specific purpose (such as a data recovery operation) prior to the original return date.

• Re: Future media prediction and tpe recall ...
    Posted: 02-02-2019, 8:41 PM

Thank you for the reply, but i am looking for the below issues which i am facing.

In our environment, we are using many tapes and our goal is to reuse the tapes as we perform media refresh. So i need a report which lets me know which media/tape(outside library) to be recall (Tape recall) as normal delivery used to refresh so that i can send the report to the team and they can recall them during week  and perform media refresh which can be used for the weekend backups. Please suggest me if there is any kind of report which suits my requirements.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy