Commvault Console V11 SP13 and possible Java compatiblity

Last post 01-28-2019, 10:15 PM by Anil Pillai. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commvault Console V11 SP13 and possible Java compatiblity
    Posted: 01-28-2019, 5:45 PM

I recently upgraded my Commvault Commserve, Media Agents, and clients from V11 SP12 to V11 SP13 and while the upgrade seems to be okay and my backups work okay as well, it's now very hard to navigate using the Commvault Console. Specifically:

For a particular Commvault client machine, if I choose default and view its Backup History, the tab will simply show the Loading message without loading it properly even the results should be very few.

The screen will likely freeze up, and I'm forced to use a Task Manager to close the entire application. Since it's a Java application that launches the Commvault application, then I feel it might be a problem the Java application.

The Java version of the server that using to run and host Commvaut is:

java version "1.8.0_171"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b11)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.171-b11, mixed mode)

However, using another machine, the Commserve machine, I'm able to see the results with no problem. That server is running an older version:

java version "1.8.0_121"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

The only notificeable difference is that the server that does not have problems is running 64-Bit Server.

Please let me know if there are certain settings and configurations to get my Commvault application working again. Thanks.

• Re: Commvault Console V11 SP13 and possible Java compatiblity
    Posted: 01-28-2019, 9:09 PM

Hi,

Can you please confirm whether the GUI is running from command line or using commcell\console from browser. If running using browser can you please clear the java cache from control panel and try running again and let us know the outcome.

Sample link to clear the java cache. https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

Thanks,

Anil.

Posted: 01-28-2019, 9:38 PM

Thanks very much, Anil! It fixed the problem.

Posted: 01-28-2019, 10:15 PM

Hi,

Excellent,  Thanks for the quick reply.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy