Service Pack 14 - Retention Cycles

Last post 01-29-2019, 4:34 PM by ScottHenderson. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Service Pack 14 - Retention Cycles
    Posted: 01-29-2019, 5:28 AM

Hi.

I was told that there is a change in Service Pack 14 that changes the way that Commvault sees the retention periods in terms of days and cycles. Meaning that a Full backup or Syn Full backup is not required to complete the cycle.

I cannot find any documentation regarding this.

Can someone please point me in the right direction if I am not pulling at straws here?

Regards.

• Re: Service Pack 14 - Retention Cycles
    Posted: 01-29-2019, 3:49 PM

Hi, Not seeing anything that would support that claim. Do you have any background or details behind where or how you heard that change? 

• Re: Service Pack 14 - Retention Cycles
    Posted: 01-29-2019, 4:34 PM

Good Morning,

Thanks for reaching out.

Per the Documentation link below I don't believe the cycle behaviour has changed in SP14
    http://docs.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp14/article?p=11904.htm

Could you please confirm who provided this information so I can clarify this for you further.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
    Scott Henderson

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy