Backup (not archive) Exchange Online

Last post 02-01-2019, 1:41 PM by tcottrell. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Backup (not archive) Exchange Online
    Posted: 02-01-2019, 9:08 AM

Hi,

I have some questions about backing up Exchange Online.

1) Initially nothing was backupped (when I submitted an Archive Job). I discovered I had to set the Exchange Archiving Policy criteria all to 0. I don't want to archive, only backup. But what If I want to backup, and at the same e.g. archive messages older than 1 year. Can I then not backup messages less than 1 year?

2) I created a new User Association for testing pruposes. Now I am not able to delete it. How can I delete it?

Thanks!

• Re: Backup (not archive) Exchange Online
    Posted: 02-01-2019, 1:22 PM

1 - In this case, archive is the same as backup. As long as you do not have a 'cleanup policy' set, items will not be stubbed/erased.  An archive policy only dictates what is backed up.  If you want to backup specific items and than clean up a subset of them, set the archive policy to what you want to backup, and the cleanup policy to what you want to erase/stub.

2 - What service pack level are you at?  I believe this was added back in SP13 or SP14 but I am not 100% sure which one.

Posted: 02-01-2019, 1:36 PM

Thanks! We are SP13 so for the moment we assume this functionality might be added later.

Posted: 02-01-2019, 1:41 PM

I see the remove option in my lab which is on SP14, so it looks like that must be the case.  Thanks for the confirmation!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy