Delete client using REST API (python)

Last post 02-01-2019, 2:24 PM by shynee. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Delete client using REST API (python)
    Posted: 01-30-2019, 11:43 AM

Hello,

I need to delete a client, which should be straight forward. But when I tried to delete through chrome postman, I get this error.

"Failed to delete Client. Cannot be deleted unless already marked for deletion."

I already released the licenses successfully.

Any idea how to mark the client for deletion ?  I cannot find proper code for the payload for python.

Appreciate your response

Thanks

Shynee

• Re: Delete client using REST API (python)
    Posted: 01-30-2019, 1:51 PM

Hi Shynee,

It sounds like there is still a license or package associated to the client which has not been marked as released or reconfigured. If the CommServe DB still shows something as Active or Consumed you will see the error you are receiving.

In this situation it would be best to raise a case with support and ask them to confirm that all Packages and Licenses have been released for the client. Once this is done you can test your Python command for the Client deletion again.

Regards,

Andrew

• Re: Delete client using REST API (python)
    Posted: 02-01-2019, 2:24 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was using a client created through postman because I didn't want to delete a real client. It won't let me delete it. Instead I tried on a real client, and works fine (after releasing the licenses).

Shynee

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy