Selecting multiple streams for restore operation

Last post 02-04-2019, 2:03 PM by bstibal. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Selecting multiple streams for restore operation
    Posted: 02-04-2019, 2:39 AM

Hello Team,

I want to restore 2 TB of Linux FS in relatively short time. I thought of the option of selecting multiple restore streams. While on one of the linux machine I could selct the multiple restore streams, unfortunately i couldnt select multiple streams on another Linux machine. The option to edit the no of restore streams is greyed out.

I checked both the servers subclients were using 4 streams for backup.

Can anyone suggeest what only for particular server the no of restore streams is greyed out.

• Re: Selecting multiple streams for restore operation
    Posted: 02-04-2019, 2:03 PM

I'm guessing one of the clients is using Index V2 and the other is not. 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=92576.htm

Requirements for Multi-Stream Restore Operations

To perform multi-stream restore operations, your system must meet the following requirements:

• The source client computers and the destination client computers must have V11 Service Pack 6, or a more recent version.
    • The client computer whose data you want to restore must be backed up using Indexing Version 2. For more information about Indexing Version 2, see Indexing Version 2: Overview.
    • For multi-node restore operations, the destination volume must be shared with all the restore nodes and must be accessible from all the nodes.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy