Change SLA Days via Script

Last post 02-05-2019, 2:42 PM by Dinesh Babu Navaneet. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Change SLA Days via Script
    Posted: 02-04-2019, 3:57 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the SLA Days in Home> Control Panel> System> Advanced via script?

I want the Days to be '1' from Tuesday to Saturday, but because backups do not run on Saturday and Sunday, the SLA should change to '3' days, and then revert to '1' on Tuesday again.

Thanks!

• Re: Change SLA Days via Script
    Posted: 02-04-2019, 11:04 AM

Hi Shane,

SLA report has the option to select the number of days.  Can you try using 3 days option for Monday and 1-day option for all other days? 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=39100.htm

Please let me know if this helps. 

Posted: 02-04-2019, 12:11 PM
    Thanks, but I want to script this or put it in a workflow. I manage many CellCells and using the GUI will not serve my purposes.
    Thanks anyway.
    Posted: 02-04-2019, 1:09 PM

May I know how are you generating SLA report? If you are using webreport, all you need to do is to schedule the report with input options (3 days or 1 day) as per the need. Or you can use the webreport on demand.

Posted: 02-05-2019, 12:00 AM

It see what you're suggesting and it's a good alternative, thanks.

But what I wanted was to look at the Health Report on Cloud https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/health/health.jsp?commUniId=xxxxx&severity=-1&grouping=severity and see, at a glance, what the SLA compliance is.

Actually, not so much me; there are various parties that rely on the Health Report; Customers, their auditors, my bosses etc. It's just a good central place to view a nearly up-to-date (variable) SLA.

Attachment: Capture.JPG
    Posted: 02-05-2019, 2:42 PM

I see what you are asking. We should not be frequently changing the SLA number on the CommCell . We can provide a software fix to introduce a check box on the CommCell Control panel to ignore weekends, the SLA computation automatically takes care of this. Can you please submit CMR from your cloud dashboard for this change?

For now, you may use your local reports with input option.

Please let me know if this is helpful/

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy