Reliability

Last post 02-08-2019, 8:40 AM by Vincenzo_Basolino. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Reliability
    Posted: 02-08-2019, 5:21 AM

Hello All,

Is it anyone else then me that worrie a bit of the commvault reliability. Over the past couple of years that we been using it we have found issues/bugs that needed resolutions from either support or development.

With each service pack there are hundreds of updates and corrections, just the amount makes it hard to go through and determen if anything is impacting the environment.

Luckely, I hope, none of the issues was effecting the actual backups though that is hard to verify.

What approach do others have with SP for instances. We currently don't apply SP's as they are released but maybe once or twice a year. This is due to that we have had issues where SP's broken functionallety that we rely on.

Just this morning I found inconsistancy between Admin Console and Commcell information. That kind of drove me to write this and listen to what other customers think.

BR

Henrik

• Re: Reliability
    Posted: 02-08-2019, 8:40 AM

Henrik,  I think its worth noting that service packs contain both fixes and new features.  With the vast capabilities of CV, there is always going to be constant maturing of the product to support all the latest and greatest (and legacy for that matter) changes in this ever changing landscape, we live in.  

The weekly hotfix packs are there to maintain your environment, so if you want to patch your environment to the latest fixes and not move to a service pack, you can adopt that methodology.

For the parity issues in the UIs, ill shoot you a PM, so we can further discuss.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy