SQL Query to get subclient description

Last post 02-24-2019, 2:57 PM by Benjani. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • SQL Query to get subclient description
    Posted: 02-14-2019, 4:15 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for the correct table to pull the description field a subclient (under the general tab). I've identified the table which contains some information about a client's subclients, but can't find the description field anywhere.

Please can someone point me in the right direction?

• Re: SQL Query to get subclient description
    Posted: 02-15-2019, 5:39 PM

Hi Benjani

From the Database there is a table known as app_client, which should contain the details that you need for the client

For subclient information you can refer to app_application. 

Regards 

Winston 

Posted: 02-17-2019, 2:11 PM

I did manage to look through those tables previously. The app_client table shows the client description however the app_application does not show the subclient description and i cannot find where this is stored.

Is there another table which holds this information?

Posted: 02-21-2019, 2:07 PM

Otherwise, does anyone know where the subclient backup content is defined in the DB?

Posted: 02-21-2019, 2:16 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi Benjani, I'm just curious what you're looking to report on exactly.

That info is not base on client properties btw, its based on the sublicent properties

Posted: 02-21-2019, 2:26 PM

Hi Ali,

In the subclient properties, I'm looking for the following:

• General tab - Description
    • Content tab - Contents of subclient
    Posted: 02-21-2019, 2:55 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Try app_application

Posted: 02-21-2019, 3:14 PM

I've looked in that table but can't find anything relating to the data I need. Which columns should I be looking at?

Posted: 02-21-2019, 11:21 PM
    Hi Benjani,

Subclient description is available in APP_SubClientProp table. Following SQL can get the subclient description.

SELECT attrVal FROM APP_SubClientProp WHERE componentNameId = <SUBCLIENT_ID> AND attrName = 'User Description' AND modified = 0

Regards,
    Anant
    Posted: 02-24-2019, 1:53 PM

Hi Anant,

I've checked within this table however the attName column doesn't contain any custom descriptions I've added to any of my subclients.

Posted: 02-24-2019, 2:44 PM
    Subclient description is not available in attrName column. It is available in attrVal column.
    Please try following SQL:

SELECT attrVal FROM APP_SubClientProp WHERE componentNameId = <SUBCLIENT_ID> AND attrName = 'User Description' AND modified = 0

Example following SQL return description of subclient id 2:
    SELECT attrVal FROM APP_SubClientProp WHERE componentNameId = 2 AND attrName = 'User Description' AND modified = 0
    Posted: 02-24-2019, 2:57 PM

That's exactly what I was looking for Anant. Thanks for your help!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy