Show Job Initiation in Event Viewer

Last post 02-21-2019, 9:00 PM by Hemant. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Show Job Initiation in Event Viewer
    Posted: 02-21-2019, 10:58 AM

Hello all,

Not sure when this happen exactly, but my event viewer no longer shows the informational "Job Initiated...date, client, agent type etc etc" but will show everything else. I have not tinkered with the default settings. Im wondering if this option was removed in an update?

Is there a way to get my event viewer to show this again? I've looked under User Preferences but did not see anything useful for this problem.

• Re: Show Job Iniation in Event Viewer
    Posted: 02-21-2019, 11:20 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 06-26-2019, 2:03 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Presuming you're on v11, what SP level?

Posted: 02-21-2019, 11:32 AM

Sorry yes, forgot that bit. v11 SP14.

Posted: 02-21-2019, 11:50 AM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Do you have an example/screenshot of the exact event?  I don't see this in my lab either...

Posted: 02-21-2019, 12:27 PM

Unfortunetly I do not have a screenshot. It has been awhile since I noticed this was missing and until recently Ive had no time to try and figure out why.

I could understand if CV changed this to where only an event shows when a job completes to cut down on clutter, but It was nice seeing a list of my clients "starting" their backups when a schedule kicks off :/

Posted: 02-21-2019, 12:33 PM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

If you run an Event Report, set it back to 365 days it may show up there but I doubt it, don't think this message is reported in the GUI.  I may be wrong though

I did the same on my setup and don't see it there

Posted: 02-21-2019, 1:13 PM

Ok after sifting through the report, I used to see a line in event viewer that read:

"New backup request received for Client [server-XYZ] Application Type [Windows File System], Backup Set [defaultBackupSet], Subclient [default], Backup Level [Full]".

This is what I would like to show again in my event viewer if possible.

Posted: 02-21-2019, 1:28 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 06-26-2019, 4:45 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,633

There is a filtered event viewer in SP14, but this sounds like a ticket should be open with Support.

Posted: 02-21-2019, 1:39 PM

If you're referring to the options in Users>User Preferences>Event Filter, I have all the boxes checked for Information, Minor, Major, Critical, unchecked Global settings and changed the max events to 1000 events and 7 days.

Just seems odd that this one thing would stop showing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted: 02-21-2019, 1:40 PM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Yes, in that case log an incident with support and send up a copy of your Commserve DB, and the report and the sample event that is missing now that we've tracked it down.

Posted: 02-21-2019, 1:42 PM

Alright, thank you all for the input. Cool

Posted: 02-21-2019, 9:00 PM

Hello,

It was changed SP13 onwards to not log such events.

Thanks

Hemant

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy