DR solution

Last post 02-26-2019, 6:09 AM by Genesh Subhash. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • DR solution
    Posted: 02-22-2019, 6:24 AM

Hi All

I am looking for a DR solution. I have a Commserve and a MA on DC – A, where I have around 10 windows servers sending backups via windows file system agent to MA disks (primary copy).

The primary copy from MA disk are written to tapes via a tape library for longer retentions.

Is it possible to send a copy of primary copy via WAN to another DC – B, and restore the data if there is a disaster on DC – A?

I have a server at DC – B which can be used as a MA, can I add this MA to the commserve in DC – A, and send one copy of primary data to MA located in DC – B?

I will be also sending a copy of my DR copy to MA located in DC – B, so that I can use this DR copy in future to recover the commserve on MA located in DC – B.

Any suggestions?

GS
  • Re: DR solution
    Posted: 02-22-2019, 9:37 AM

Setup a mag library in the remote DC on a MA.   AUX copy the backups to it.  hopefully you are using dedupe on the mag on both sides, it will reduce the stress on the WAN link.

• Re: DR solution
    Posted: 02-26-2019, 6:09 AM

Thanks 

GS
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy