Workflow New Machine

Last post 10-08-2019, 5:06 PM by cwsunderland. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Workflow New Machine
    Posted: 03-01-2019, 10:41 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to run the New Machine Request but i'm getting error when the Commvault try to send an email for my mail box. The point is i receive the emails from reports and logs, but can't receive from workflow( http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=3822.htm ).

Someone tried this workflow? I suppose that i have my SMTP configured correctly if i am receiving those emails that i mentioned before.

Many thanks,

marcosjsilva

• Re: Workflow New Machine
    Posted: 03-01-2019, 12:55 PM

Can you check the workflowEngine log and see what error is showing up when it attempts to send the email?

It could be that the user executing the workflow doesn't have an email address associated with it.

If it is a connection issue to the SMTP server, you can try setting the following registry setting on the machine running the workflow engine

(DWORD) WFEngine\sendWorkflowEmailsViaCommserver = 1

Regards

Posted: 03-06-2019, 10:25 AM

Hello cwsunderland,

I have already that setting. The message of error which i caught on logs is:

WorkflowMail: ERROR: [Confirmation Email (ConfirmationEmail)] failed to relay email, errorCode [587204245], errorMessage [Unable to resolve the SMTP host. Check your SMTP server name]

What do you think?

Many thanks,

marcosjsilva

Posted: 03-08-2019, 7:58 PM

Hi,

If you go to Commcell Console Toolbar->Configuration->Email and WebServer and click on Test Mail does it work?

Posted: 03-11-2019, 7:10 AM

Hi ameykarandikar,

Yes that works. I can receive my reports throw emails and other stuff configured. I just can't, and i can't understand why, receive the workflow emails.

Many thanks,

marcosjsilva

Posted: 10-08-2019, 4:45 AM

Hello

Having the very same issue here.

Did you find a solution?

Regards

--

Stefano Castelli
    Posted: 10-08-2019, 5:06 PM

Did you set the following registry key on the workflow engine client

(DWORD) WFEngine\sendWorkflowEmailsViaCommserver = 1

If so are you seeing any errors in EvMgrS log when the workflow engine tries to send the email?

Regards

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy