Snap and Tape?

Last post 03-02-2019, 7:00 PM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Snap and Tape?
    Posted: 03-02-2019, 7:27 AM

Hi there,

I'm trying to do the following:

- Do Intellisnap backups of my Virtual Machines, and keep the last 8 on my NetApp storage

- Daily copy the last backup to tape, for long time retention

- Replicate to another NetApp, using Open Replication

I'm facing problems with the "backup to tape" phase. It never works, hangs, etc. 

Is this possible? Any help on how to configure it?

Thanks

• Re: Snap and Tape?
    Posted: 03-02-2019, 7:00 PM

Hi ricardoduarte

From the review of your configuration, the above will definitely be achieveable, it will be something like this:

• Primary Snap Copy -> where VM Intellisnap is written to NetApp 
    • Vault Copy -> using the Aux Copy (Vault) operation to send the data across to the Secondary Data (using open replication - where dataset relationship will be managed by CommVault) 
    • Primay Copy (Backup Copy) -> depending on whether the Tape Library is on the Primary site or the Destination site, you can then select te correct source and trigger the Backup Copy. 
    The above would be the most logical approach in setting it up 

In terms of Backup Copy to tape, can you please confirm what errors you are getting? 

Regards

Winston
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy