License Requirements to create DAG Client ?

Last post 03-04-2019, 11:19 AM by johanningk. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • License Requirements to create DAG Client ?
    Posted: 03-04-2019, 11:19 AM

Hi guys,

I'm running Commvault V11SP13 on a backend capacity licensed system.
    the license covers basic / filesystem capabilties.

In addition to this we bought one "Application Type 1" license to backup the Exchange DAG.
    As far as I know, only one license per DAG is required. Member nodes do not consume a license.

The Problem: To associate the DAG Member to the DAG Client, the DAG Client and each member Node needs use a valid license.
    This will ne released, once associated to the DAG Client.
    As a result I temporarily need 2 licenses to be able to add a DAG member to the DAG Client.
    without an active license, the DAG Member are greyed out...

What is the expected way to configure a DAG with only one application client license available ?

hmmm

best regards
    Klaus

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy