iDA Uninstall from MS 2003 Cluster

Last post 01-25-2011, 1:51 PM by OldNewbie. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • iDA Uninstall from MS 2003 Cluster
    Posted: 01-25-2011, 10:36 AM

Are there instructions for uninstalling CommVault iDataAgent from a MS 2003 cluster?  Add\Remove programs is saying that I can't uninstall because iDA is installed on Virtual Machine and can't be uninstalled from Physical machine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• Re: iDA Uninstall from MS 2003 Cluster
    Posted: 01-25-2011, 10:43 AM

from add/remove programs, click 'Change' to remove the virtual instance for each agent which was installed on the virtual node.  Once that is done you can go through again and 'Remove'

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 01-25-2011, 10:52 AM

When I go to "change" it only lists the two physical nodes of the cluster as a choice to uninstall.  It doesn't list any virtual nodes, but when I choose the physical node of the server I am running Change from it then gives the error that it is installed on virtual node and can't be uninstalled on physical.

Thanks

Posted: 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Good morning,

You can also try to manually uninstall following the steps below:

1) Stop the Services on the Client

2) Navigate to the installation drive under Program Files remove the CommVault and/or CommVault Systems Folder
    (You may receive a read only error which would mean the client would need to be rebooted prior to the deletion.)

3) Backup the registry

4) Open the registry and delete the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GxCVD(Instancexxx)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GxEvMgrC(Instancexxx)

please not in versions earlier than 7.0, Instancexxx would be ControlSetxxx

5) Once the registry keys and the installation folder are removed you can then deconfigure the client in the GUI to reclaim the license that is in use or reinstall the agent using the same client and host name.

JW

Posted: 01-25-2011, 1:51 PM

This did the trick along with searching for a number  of other Commvault stuff in the registery.

Thanks for your advice.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy