New roaming user can't browse their computer

Last post 03-10-2019, 2:51 PM by vladan.kojanic. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • New roaming user can't browse their computer
    Posted: 03-05-2019, 2:51 AM

After update to SP14 we had problem with new added roaming users, as they cant browse computer to add fodler in backup set. After we opened the ticket Commvault supoort send a fiz to solve this problem and everything was Ok until we put hotfix7. Now we have the same problem again.

Older users account not have any problem, only new ones.

Any one have the same issue?

• Re: New roaming user can't browse their computer
    Posted: 03-05-2019, 8:04 AM

Hi Vladan

What are roaming users? 

-Bhavyan

Posted: 03-05-2019, 8:09 AM

Roaming users are the ones who use Backup&Recovery over proxy server. All users that are not in same network as Commcell server need to use proxy https connection.

We use it for employee who siting and working outside our HQ.

Posted: 03-05-2019, 8:17 AM

Are these computers laptops? Also, do these users have rights to access the folder on the machine too?

Posted: 03-05-2019, 8:23 AM

Yes, laptops or even PCs. Over proxy its look like they are in our network. Just need to open broswer and to log to commvault webconsole.

That was one of reason we choose Commvault solution as we have needs for those clients.

We just manage to this features work again. need to execute fixpatch provided with case, seams hotfix have same problem to not recognize new roaming clients.

Posted: 03-06-2019, 6:50 AM

Hi ,

We tried this internally in our lab using the details from above and were not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please open a support ticket and let us know ?

Thanks,

Srikanth

Posted: 03-06-2019, 2:59 PM

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your interest in this case. I need to give some more information about it.

Well problem start after we update Commcell to SP14, then we was unable to configure backup folders (over webconsole) for new roaming users. We did open a support ticket about this and Mr Binaya from support did help us with giving us the patch for this (v11SP14_Available_HotFix2239). After we patch our Commcell problem was gone. So we did close the ticket. But this week our system was update with HPK7 we again got the same issue. 

I had to start the same patch file to fix it. I wanted to sugest to support to implement that patch in next HPK* fix so I not need to manually start patch file. Maybe only we do have problem, but I would like to be sure with support about this.

Do I need to open new ticket in order to fix next hotfix to not block our new added roaming users to control their backup sets.

Regards

Posted: 03-06-2019, 7:29 PM

Hi,

Can you send me your support ticket number and also updateinfo.log file from your machine?   You can send it at pgokhale@commvault.com

i am unable to look up 2239.   I can then look up the information and let you know.

Parag Gokhale

Commvault Engineer

Posted: 03-10-2019, 2:51 PM

The latest hotfix (Feb28) fix this issue. Hope any new hotfix will continue this.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy