qcommand to list subclient for windows and linux file system

Last post 03-11-2019, 5:58 AM by sheza. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • qcommand to list subclient for windows and linux file system
    Posted: 03-07-2019, 7:06 PM

Hi ,

We're planning to generate report of subclient available for few servers through command along with the associated storage and schedule policy. I'm not able to find appropriate cmd.

So we can create / modify based on our requirements

• Re: qcommand to list subclient for windows and linux file system
    Posted: 03-08-2019, 6:30 AM

Hello Suresh KC,

You can use the qoperation execute -af subclient.xml -appName 'File System' -clientName XXXX -backupSetName defaultBackupSet(?) which will give you the information you want, i think. You can create, maybe, a script for read this XML's and based on the information work it and make your stuff. 

subclient.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <App_GetSubClientPropertiesRequest>
    <association>
    <entity>
    <appName>File System</appName>
    <backupsetName />
    <clientName />
    <instanceName>DefaultInstanceName</instanceName>
    <subclientName />
    </entity>
    </association>
    </App_GetSubClientPropertiesRequest>

I have made some similar where i run this for all clients and read each XML and output the information for one CSV.

Did i helped you? Smile

marcosjsilva

Posted: 03-08-2019, 6:31 AM

Hello Suresh KC,

You can use the qoperation execute -af subclient.xml -appName 'File System' -clientName XXXX -backupSetName defaultBackupSet(?) which will give you the information you want, i think. You can create, maybe, a script for read this XML's and based on the information work it and make your stuff. 

subclient.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <association>
    <entity>
    <appName>File System</appName>
    <backupsetName />
    <clientName />
    <instanceName>DefaultInstanceName</instanceName>
    <subclientName />
    </entity>
    </association>

I have made some similar where i run this for all clients and read each XML and output the information for one CSV.

Did i helped you? Smile

marcosjsilva

Posted: 03-11-2019, 5:58 AM

Hi Suresh,

You can use following XML with qoperation execute command to get all the subclients and it's associated storage policy for a given client :

<association>
    <entity clientName="XYZ" />
    </association>
    <filterOptions propertyLevel="20" />

To get associated schedule policy you can use following XML:

<TMMsg_GetTaskListReq>
    <filter policy="1" schedules="1">
    <operationTypes val="0" />
    <entity clientName="XYZ" />
    </filter>
    </TMMsg_GetTaskListReq>
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy