miss Policies Pane in the Admin Console in SP14 New Installations

Last post 03-19-2019, 8:41 AM by Christo. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • miss Policies Pane in the Admin Console in SP14 New Installations
    Posted: 03-19-2019, 4:48 AM

Hello,

since SP 13 or 14 the Pane for Policies are usable in the Admin Console, to edite Classic Storage Policies, Scheduels und Subclient Policies.

I made a new Customer Installation with a Server Plan and can not see the option! I created another Global Deduplication Policy in the Java Gui and it changed nothing. We need the options.

Is there a new Default in SP14 or a Additional Setting we have to use? I updated my Lab SP14 Installation to SP15 which also makes no difference.

Thank you very much
    Christo

• Re: miss Policies Pane in the Admin Console in SP14 New Installations
    Posted: 03-19-2019, 5:41 AM

Hi Christo

Policies tab will only be shown for upgraded setup. If you do a new installation then we dont show it by default.

If you want to see the policies in navigation, then add Webconsole\showPolicies additional settings on CS.

Thanks

Bhavyan

Commvault Engineer

Posted: 03-19-2019, 6:19 AM

Thanks Bhavyan, it works but this is realy anoying. CV wishes to make installations with the Admin Consoel but hide essential features. On top importent things like Copy Software to Cache and Tuning Parameters missing in the Gui also. I have nothing against simplification, but i think there must be a "install Mode" in the Admin Console needed to implement an Environment correctly. Just a feedback.

Posted: 03-19-2019, 7:58 AM

Hi Christo

What tuning parameters are you modifying in the GUI? Features like copy software are in works and would be available in Adminconsole (Command Center) in one of the future Service packs.

Thanks

Bhavyan

Posted: 03-19-2019, 8:41 AM

Hi,

just for example editing the Streams used by any Subclient. I see now in SP14 its there for the VM subclients (maybe earlier SP too), that's good. Also i see something changed in Layout in SP15, so i have to review the changes first.

Whats bad for a longer time is that the Active Job Monitor not saves enabled Collumns like "Status" and "Error Code", because you not see quickly what and is there a problem with a job. Clicking through all Jobs on the Job ID is not very handy. But yes, future Servicepacks will hopefully improve this.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy