IndexCache CvIdxLogs very big

Last post 03-22-2019, 9:33 AM by Pavan Bedadala. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • IndexCache CvIdxLogs very big
    Posted: 03-20-2019, 9:53 AM

Hi All,

we have the situation that the path IndexCache CvIdxLogs is very big in our Case 1,7TB.

i found this post here https://forum.commvault.com/forums/thread/53631.aspx and there was an hint to run an report.

We found this report in the store downloaded it but could not install it:

xxx: Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate " dbo.isSubClientindexEnabeld" or the name is ambiguous.

The SP is higher than in the Report needed.

So we have following questions why is this foloder so big. We checked the all IndexBackups are running fine.

How can we get in the index id when the report is not working ?

in the index folder there are 2 Clients which makes 700GB of data and we want to look which clients are behind the the index id

• Re: IndexCache CvIdxLogs very big
    Posted: 03-22-2019, 12:15 AM

Hi smithse

Do you by any chance know what type of Backup which is being backed up by this MediaAgent?

Depending on the Client IDA, if the structure of the Client (which is being backed up) is very large (i.e. NAS share - hundred of TBs in size), then the Action logs which are captured during backup will also be very large. 

Would also recommend to engage support if you are unsure about the Client which is being backed up causing the Index Bloat

Regards

Winston

Posted: 03-22-2019, 3:01 AM

good morning,

we had open an support case and have a look on it.

The first thing is that the reports wich i found in the store are only working when metrics ins used.. Thats hmm.....

okay the support send us an sql query to get the clients wich use the highest disk space.

The 2 Biggest clients are filesystem ida from windows fileservers. So now we have to check if the index is so big or if we have an problem here.

Posted: 03-22-2019, 9:33 AM

Please send me ticket number, I will follow up. Logs should not be that bloated in size, esp. when index backups are running fine.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy