Client service appears offline, but is online on host/client

Last post 03-27-2019, 3:31 PM by Leandro Clerice. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Client service appears offline, but is online on host/client
    Posted: 03-25-2019, 3:59 PM
    Hello everybody,    

    Sorry for my English.

    My environment is configured to use media agents as a proxy for client connections. For some Oracle
    clients, when starting a backup, the job gets into status pending by stating "Waiting for the services
    on the client [tb-b3-server1] to come online."
    In events, there is the following message: Failed to start phase [Discover] on [tb-b3-server1] due
    to network error [Remote machine [tb-b3-server1.host.intranet]. The socket connect failed.
    Error returned [-1 = CON22686: All proxies reported destination as unreachable]. Check Network
    Connectivity.]. Will attempt to restart. Please check if this product's services are running on the
    remote host.
    The client service is online and this is where strange behavior happens, in exactly 3 hours and
    20 minutes the job is summarized and backup normally occurs. If I summarize the job manually,
    it displays the previous error.
    I ran the possibilities, I already analyzed network connectivity, ok, client services ok, what else
    would I have to analyze?
  • Re: Client service appears offline, but is online on host/client
    Posted: 03-26-2019, 4:59 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 07-19-2019, 12:17 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,646

    It sounds like there is an issue with CV network configuration when using the proxy connection, probably need Support to reveiw. 

    I'm not sure what you mean when saying summarized the backup. When the backup was resumed after 3 hours 20 minutes? 

  • Re: Client service appears offline, but is online on host/client
    Posted: 03-27-2019, 3:31 PM

    Hi Lian,

       Exactly, support returned me today that the proxy configuration was the cause. I adjusted it and the backups worked again. Thanks!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy