Reassociating tapes to a new library

Last post 03-26-2019, 5:57 PM by Manoj Jadhav. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Reassociating tapes to a new library
    Posted: 03-26-2019, 3:56 PM

Our i6000 control module died and had to be replaced. After install I performed the Expert Storage Configuration on the new library and drives. I was able to import the tapes from the old library to the new. I deconfigured the old library but there are exported tapes that are associated to the old library.

Is there a way to reassociate the exported tapes to the new library?

Thanks!

• Re: Reassociating tapes to a new library
    Posted: 03-26-2019, 5:57 PM

Hi,

Did you import all the media into the new library ? are they showing in the slot to the new library ?

because once you import the media and if it detected into the new library then it will not show in the old library.

please update and if possible, attach the scrrenshot of both library media.

Regards,

Manoj 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy